FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Senior Director of Communications & Public Relations
FARMINGTON HILLS, Mich. (June 19, 2023) — Leading chassis manufacturers will gather Oct. 3–4, 2023, at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions (Sandusky, Ohio) to share the latest chassis and technical updates at NTEA’s Commercial Vehicle Upfitting Summit.
“Providing a venue where our industry’s equipment manufacturers and upfitters can share information, collaborate and ask questions on the latest technical updates is one of the most important things we can do as an Association,” said Kevin Koester, NTEA managing director. “We’re always excited to bring together our industry’s technical community and this year’s Commercial Vehicle Upfitting Summit features a strong OEM program lineup and vehicle displays, as well as educational sessions and industry resource displays.”
This annual event provides an important opportunity for the technical community to preview commercial vehicle updates and engage with OEM engineers on critical upfitting issues. Industry professionals can learn about important changes to powertrains, electrical systems, chassis structures and other vehicle systems. Having the ability to speak directly with chassis OEM engineers and product specialists translates to practical support for upfitters.
In addition to discovering the latest vehicle modifications, attendees can engage with OEM technical representatives, network with other commercial vehicle professionals, attend industry education sessions and check out industry resource displays.
Participating chassis manufacturers
- Bollinger Motors
- Cenntro Automotive
- Daimler Truck North America
- Ford Pro
- GM Envolve
- Hino Trucks
- International Truck
- Isuzu Commercial Truck of America
- Kenworth Truck Co.
- Mullen Automotive
- Peterbilt Motors Company
- Ram Commercial
- Toyota Motor Sales
Industry education sessions
- Electrified Propulsion Vehicles (xEV) High-Voltage Electrical Safety Standards, presented by Corey Glassman, Electric Vehicle Consultant, ASE
- Chassis Design Considerations for the Work Truck Industry, presented by Bob Raybuck, Director of Technical Services, NTEA; and Steve Spata, Senior Technical Assistance Director, NTEA
- Top Upfitting Risk Exposures for Multi-Stage Manufacturers, presented by Steve Tuskan, Senior Forensic Consultant, Rimkus
- TruckScience: Using Software to Upfit Safe, Legal and Efficient Trucks, presented by Martin Dammann, Customer Success Manager, TruckScience; and Jens Hellberg, CEO, TruckScience
- Understanding the EPA’s Clean Trucks Plan, presented by Frank Acevedo, Mobile Source Program Manager, United States Environmental Protection Agency
- Welder Certification Training Program, presented by Pauline Foks, Senior Program Manager, NC3; Nikki Wilson, Senior Director of Member Services, NTEA; and a Representative from The Lincoln Electric Company
Industry Resource Displays
- Lincoln Electric
- National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)
- S&P Global Mobility
Pricing and registration
Register for Commercial Vehicle Upfitting Summit by Aug. 29, 2023 to receive advance pricing ($229 NTEA member/$329 nonmember). After this date, rates increase to $279 member/$379 nonmember. Learn more at ntea.com/upfittingsummit.
Established in 1964, NTEA – The Association for the Work Truck Industry, a 501(c)(6) organization, represents more than 2,100 companies that manufacture, distribute, install, sell and repair commercial trucks, truck bodies, truck equipment, trailers and accessories. Buyers of work trucks and the major commercial truck chassis manufacturers also belong to NTEA. The Association provides in-depth technical information, education, and member programs and services, and produces Work Truck Week®, Green Truck Summit, Commercial Vehicle Upfitting Summit and Executive Leadership Summit. The Association maintains its administrative headquarters in suburban Detroit and government relations offices in Washington, DC, and Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.