Truck Bodies and Equipment International, Inc. (TBEI) (Lake Crystal, Minnesota) is supporting local communities in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The TBEI family has donated over $20,000 to local organizations assisting families and children in need during this unprecedented time.
“When times of uncertainty hit the communities where we work and live, it is our responsibility to give back,” said Bob Fines, President/GM of TBEI. “Many families have found themselves in crisis and TBEI has chosen to direct our giving to programs and services providing hunger relief in the communities where our facilities are located.”
Charitable organizations determined to have a vital role in local community health and welfare were identified by each of TBEI’s facilities. These charities are located geographically in a number of states across the country and represent a variety of distinctly different programs best suited to meet the most urgent needs in these varied locations.
“Over the past several weeks, our first priority has been to ensure the safety and health of our employees,” said Tina Albright, Vice President of Human Resources at TBEI. “As we move ahead, we also want to offer support to our communities. Communities are the foundation of strength for our families and friends and we are pleased to offer assistance during this time of increased need.”
Details on TBEI’s community gifts:
In response to COVID-19, TBEI continues to prioritize the health and safety of its employees, as well as dedicate support to organizations providing critical assistance to families in need in the local communities where their businesses operate. TBEI’s goal is to continue to identify opportunities to assist and sustain families in need throughout the pandemic, while our businesses are working to reclaim tomorrow, together.
- Travis Body and Trailer, Houston, Texas, is supporting the Houston Food Bank’s School Market Program, focused on alleviating child and teen hunger for students across the greater Houston metropolitan area.
- Rugby Manufacturing, Rugby, North Dakota, is partnering with local restaurants and other businesses to supply free lunch and dinners to local families in need.
- Crysteel Manufacturing, Lake Crystal, Minnesota, is donating to the BackPack Food Program, part of North Mankato, Minnesota’s Feeding Our Communities Partners, collectively serving 1200 students at 28 area schools within five school districts even while schools are shut down.
- Ox Bodies, Inc., Fayette, Alabama, continues its work with Fayette County school districts and school leadership to supply meals to local families in need.
- DuraClass, Tishomingo, Mississippi, is supporting The Food Depot of Tishomingo County and the Belmont UMC Food Pantry. Together, these food pantries serve Tishomingo County and the surrounding areas and have become critical to community welfare during this pandemic, especially after a tornado hit the area on March 24, 2020.
- TBEI Corporate office, Homewood, Alabama, is donating to the YMCA of Birmingham, Alabama to help fund childcare for essential workers.
For more information, visit tbei.com
NTEA Member Directory Listing for TBEI
View all news