A key component of business is the recruitment and retention of qualified candidates. JobLink connects individuals seeking employment in the work truck industry with companies in need of personnel. This service is free to members as part of our commitment to provide resources that can help grow and improve business.
Recruit employees through NTEA JobLink
Prospective members can post positions for a fee and by sending their submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Members: Learn more and post your open positions here (login required).
For personalized assistance, please contact Laura Heidrich at 800-441-6832 (Direct: 248-479-8910) or email@example.com
Retain your brightest with development opportunities
NTEA offers professional development opportunities for employees of member companies, as well as a wealth of information to enhance retention efforts through employee enrichment:
- Leadership – Open to employees of NTEA member companies with less than 10 years’ industry experience, Generation Next provides leadership and training opportunities to its members.
- Continuing Education – Invest in your employees’ professional development with training opportunities provided by the association for the work truck industry:
- The Work Truck Show® — As North America’s largest work truck event, this premier industry tradeshow features the largest display of Class 1–8 vocational trucks and equipment as well as an educational component.
- Green Truck Summit — Held in conjunction with The Work Truck Show, the Green Truck Summit is the industry’s foremost education forum for real-world deployment and application of this technological revolution impacting commercial trucks.
- Truck Product Conference — NTEA's Truck Product Conference is held annually in the fall. Attendees gain direct access to new model chassis and the engineers who design them.
- Executive Leadership Summit — The Executive Leadership Summit offers key insights into relevant global economic forces, political realities and possibilities, and timely business issues that can directly impact your company today and in the near future.
- Weight Distribution Fundamentals Online Course — This unique program is the industry's only online educational course which includes ten sections on weight distribution designed for truck equipment, truck dealers, truck equipment designers and specification writers, leasing company professionals, fleets and fleet specification developers.
- Truck Frame Fundamentals Online Course — Learn everything you need to know about truck frame fundamentals for commercial vehicles with this self-guided, easy-to-follow online course.
- Onsite Training — Experts in truck equipment fundamentals, vocational vehicle spec's, truck design and truck frame modification come to your facility or other location of your choosing to impart the necessary knowledge, methods, guidelines and resources on the specific topic covered. Participants use and take home materials prepared specifically for each course and receive a certificate acknowledging course completion. On-site training is temporarily suspended due to COVID-19. NTEA offers several online education and training opportunities free for NTEA members. Not a member, but interested in access at no charge? Schedule a membership call at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-441-6832.
- MVP Recognition - The Member Verification Program provides opportunity for members to differentiate themselves through successful implementation of specified business standards and processes, and for taking the necessary steps to comply with applicable government regulations. Criteria includes a specified number of education and training hours that employees must meet.
Additional resources available from NTEA
NTEA offers webinars on a variety of topics. Past webinars have included topics such as employee retention and leading employees through organizational change. Members, please contact email@example.com for access to past webinars. Not a member? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
to join or learn about the benefits of NTEA membership.
Is certification the answer to closing manufacturing industry skill gaps?
Skilled trades school expands in Metro Detroit
What to know about recruiting and retaining millennials
If you have any questions, please contact Laura Heidrich for personalized assistance at 800-441-6832 (Direct: 248-479-8910) or email@example.com.
Return to Career Center