Snow Control Equipment Manufacturers Committee
Home > Association > About NTEA > Affiliates
The SCEMC has operated as a product-related organization under the NTEA since 1979. Its goal is to promote the manufacture and use of safe and efficient snow control equipment. The Committee also addresses any regulatory and technical issues that pertain to its specific industry segment.
SCEMC - BEST PRACTICES GUIDELINES
1. Follow the truck and/or snow plow OEMs’ recommended guidelines and approved model offerings (e.g., stay under the rated front and rear GAWR and within defined weight distribution percentages).
2. Snowplow OEMs: provide weights and centers of gravity for snow plow kit offerings.
3. The ultimate responsibility of installing snow control equipment lies with the distributor/ upfitter/installer. A weight distribution analysis is required to determine if the equipment to be installed is within the vehicle’s limits for FGAWR, RGAWR, GVWR and required weight percentage for front and rear axles, and any applicable federal, state and local standards and regulations.
4. Snowplow OEMs: provide distributors with instructions for installation and adjustment procedures for auxiliary headlamps provided with front snow plow kits.
5. Snowplow OEMs: provide owners’ manuals.
Representatives for SCEMC are listed below: