Lytx Inc. (San Diego, California) and Mission, an award-winning, veteran-owned podcast publisher announced the official launch of The Fleet, a podcast directly focused on fleet managers and their teams.
The Fleet joins Mission’s network of original podcasts, which consistently rank in the top charts on Apple Podcasts. The first four episodes are currently available on Mission.org or on any platform where podcasts are available. New episodes will be released every Wednesday.
Through insightful and engaging conversations that span driver empowerment, technology trends, fleet safety, compliance, and the latest industry research, The Fleet covers some of the most important issues and transformative trends facing fleets today.
“This year we’ve witnessed a renewed public appreciation for the essential role fleets have in driving the health of our economy and in supporting our daily lives,” said Brandon Nixon, CEO of Lytx. “This podcast brings the voices of our fleets – managers and drivers – to the forefront, highlighting the role of this cornerstone of the global transportation economy. We are honored to have such strong relationships with the most insightful and innovative voices in transportation and appreciative of the opportunity to elevate them through this podcast. With the help of an incredible roster of guests and Mission’s unmatched reach, we’re excited to have listeners learn more about fleets and drivers and get inspired by their stories and the direction of our industry."
“We are proud to join forces with Lytx to offer a great line-up of guests speaking to the issues that matter most to fleets,” said Stephanie Postles, chief operating officer and co-founder of Mission. “It’s a perfect example of how podcasting can help shine a light on an essential industry and further the important work of a mission-driven company like Lytx. We are thrilled at the opportunity to bring episodes addressing important topics like driver empowerment, safety, compliance, the latest industry research and technology, and giving listeners the most expert perspectives on issues that affect their daily lives.”
Episodes Tackle Fleet Challenges
With insider interviews, The Fleet will help keep fleet managers and their teams in touch with the latest technology and people innovating fleet management today.
- “No One is Immune to Distracted Driving: One Police Lieutenant’s Take on Distracted Driving in the Public Sector,” featuring Lieutenant Michael Crabb of the Orange County (Orlando, Fla.) Sheriff’s Office
- “From Fleet Manager to Fleet Manager – Here’s What You Need to Know About Mitigating Risk in Your Fleet,” featuring Stephen Darbonne, Occupational Health and Safety Manager, Abacus Plumbing, Air Conditioning & Electrical
- “The What’s What of Driver Empowerment” featuring Lisa Gonnerman, Vice President Safety and Security, Transport America, a North American leader in transportation and logistics, serving package and courier, less-than-truckload, truckload, logistics and last mile delivery
- “The Future of Fleet Technology,” featuring Neil Cawse, CEO, Geotab, a global leader in IoT and connected vehicles
- “A Look Inside the Cab: How to Encourage Driver Self-Management in Your Fleet” featuring Dr. Jeffrey Hickman, Ph.D. Research Scientist, Virginia Tech Transportation Institute
- “The Safety Challenges of Last Mile Delivery,” featuring Ahmad Khan, Founder and CEO Colonial Logistics, a Houston-based last-mile delivery fleet and Amazon partner
- “Empowering Drivers Through a Safety Culture and Technology,” featuring Brian Fielkow, CEO Jetco Delivery and CEO, EVP, the GTI Group, author, Making Safety Happen
- “Innovation, Trends and Technology Impacting Fleet Management,” featuring Stephan Keese, Senior Partner at Roland Berger, a global transportation industry consulting firm
- “Recruiting, Hiring and Coaching Your Way to a Culture of Safety,” featuring Pat Landreth, VP Human Resources & Safety, Ozark Motor Lines, a Memphis-based for-hire trucking company
- “The Psychology of Driving and What it Means to Your Fleet,” featuring Dr. Nicholas (Nic) J. Ward, Ph.D., Professor, Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, Director, Center for Health & Safety Culture. Montana State University
For more information, visit lytx.com.
NTEA Member Directory listing for Lytx
View all news