Tuesday, March 1, 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
Due to popular demand during The Work Truck Show 2015, this session is returning to enable broader industry participation.
Quality, productivity and profit are the result of teamwork, organization and execution of planning. Invest one day and see what other NTEA member companies have done to move their shop productivity to a new level through workplace organization and streamlining custom work. This intensive program will demonstrate how changing the way you approach your business can deliver significant results. The workshop is targeted to business owners and shop managers who want to learn how to get on the path to gaining a minimum 20-percent increase in shop productivity without adding personnel or equipment and doing it without shutting down current operations.
Workshop highlights and deliverables:
- Lean thinking as a culture
- Successfully addressing challenges within truck equipment distributors and upfitters
- Impacting areas of control versus influence
- Aligning and engaging employees
- How to target and identify waste
- Hands-on upfit exercise modeling shop activity and improvement
- Shared experiences from NTEA members
- Developing straightforward and manageable action plans
Presented by: Ed Hlava, Productivity Improvement Specialist, Purdue Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP); and Art Thomas, Productivity Improvement Specialist, Purdue Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP)
Ticket required. This session is not included in any package. In order to ensure an effective learning experience, workshop attendance is limited to 60 participants.