In addition to personal assistance from staff engineers, the NTEA provides publications and reference materials you need to stay abreast of current regulations, safety standards and other requirements, including:
- Technical Reports – Includes product specification changes and/or updates directly from the chassis manufacturers on important technical issues.
- Federal Excise Tax Information – Visit the NTEA’s online library of articles and reports covering pertinent IRS activities.
- Technical Articles – The NTEA offers one of the largest industry libraries of timely articles to keep you abreast of current regulations, safety standards, and more.
- Available as a column in NTEA News and on NTEA.com, Tech Trends highlights the most prevalent technical issues, engineering developments and frequently-seen problems posed to the Technical Services Department each month.
- Dump Body & Conversion Hoist Databases – Get capacity ratings for hoists based on length, class and/or manufacturer.
- Chassis Manufacturer Directory – Contact the major truck chassis sales and technical experts through direct links.
- U.S. Federal Lighting Guide – This tool allows you to select a vehicle's lamp and reflective device requirements.
- Truck Equipment Glossary – Contains description of terms related to truck equipment.
- ASE Certification – The NTEA Role - The Truck Equipment Series tests were written under ASE auspices by a group of 23 dedicated volunteers from NTEA member companies across the U.S. representing managers with strong service backgrounds, first-line shop supervisory personnel and practicing technicians. The questions were developed through six three-day workshops. The project was fully funded by the NTEA for the benefit of the entire commercial truck and transportation equipment industry.
- Excise Tax Enquirer – NTEA's Excise Tax Enquirer articles review FET issues and pertinent IRS activities important to your business.
- Green Truck Association (GTA) – The GTA website provides a wealth of information to promote improved efficiency and productivity of work trucks through the development and deployment of strategies to reduce diesel and gasoline consumption and the associated environmental impacts. The GTA is an affiliate division of the NTEA.
- 2010 Emissions Special Session – Presentation from Work Truck Show 2009 held in Chicago, IL
Visit “Shop NTEA” for more information on these best-selling resources: