The newly-released TE201 Powertrain module addresses commercial vehicle powertrains, including horsepower and torque, engine function and alternative propulsion, power and torque transfer by the transmission, and driveline and axle.
Module topics include
- Overview of powertrain systems
- How internal combustion engines work
- Related technologies
- Alternative fuel and propulsion systems
- Transmission formats
- Axle type and features
- Important considerations
There are no prerequisites to take TE201 online courses. To receive a certificate of completion, the learner is required to complete a brief quiz following each section, in addition to a course survey.
Ready to become a powertrain expert? Course access is a free benefit to NTEA members and eligible for MVP credit and Continuing Education Units (CEUs) through our accreditation by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training. Nonmembers can purchase access to each TE201 module for $49.
- Create an account (if you don’t already have one)
- Order TE201 Powertrain via Shop NTEA (must complete entire ordering process)
- You will receive a confirmation email shortly after completing the order with a link to the course
- Click the link to start TE201 Powertrain
- In order to receive $0 member pricing, you must log in using your NTEA member credentials (please contact us at 800-441-6832 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance)
- This course is designed for a single user to complete as certification is applied to the individual’s login
- When placing your order, shipping address must be a physical address within the 48 contiguous United States (unfortunately, we cannot complete your order with a PO box)