FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Director of Communications & Public Relations
FARMINGTON HILLS, Mich. (March 7, 2019) — Wm. Craig Bonham, vice president, commercial vehicle at Safe Fleet (Belton, Missouri), was installed today as 55th Board chairman of NTEA – The Association for the Work Truck Industry. He accepted this position from immediate past Board chairman Todd Davis, vice president of Phenix Truck Bodies & Van Equipment (Pomona, California), at the President’s Breakfast & NTEA Annual Meeting held in conjunction with The Work Truck Show® 2019.
“As I take on the role of NTEA Board chairman, I look forward to meeting the inherent industry challenges with practical solutions, identifying growth opportunities for the Association, its members and the industry at large,” said Craig. “I recognize the weighty responsibility entrusted to me, and I’m eager to get started.”
Craig’s professional career started in 1982, and, since then, he’s covered all aspects of the work truck industry, including automotive parts, OEM franchise dealer networks, sales and product training for some of the largest chassis manufacturers, chassis pool and ship-thru environments, and manufacturing and distribution of truck bodies. His resume includes positions at America’s Body Company Inc., Reading Truck Group and Safe Fleet — where he’s currently vice president of the commercial vehicle division, leading the work truck and truck & trailer teams that service Class 2–8 commercial and fleet vehicles.
He was elected to NTEA’s Board in 2015 and quickly discovered his passion for supporting the Association’s goals. In recent years, he’s been actively involved in the Data, Finance & Investment and Education Committees and chaired the Workforce Development Task Force.
2019–2020 NTEA Board
Also serving on the Board’s Executive Committee are: First Vice Chairman Peter Miller of Pro-Tech Industries (La Vergne, Tennessee); Second Vice Chairman Jon Sievert of Henderson Products Inc. (Manchester, Iowa); and Third Vice Chairman/Treasurer Tina Albright of TBEI Inc. (Lake Crystal, Minnesota).
- Calvin Geddings, Lee Transport Equipment Inc. (Columbia, South Carolina)
- Teresa L. Miller, American Midwest Fleet Solutions (Lone Jack, Missouri)
- Jason Ritchey, Curry Supply Co. (Martinsburg, Pennsylvania)
- David J. Scheitlin, Auto Truck Group LLC (Roanoke, Indiana)
- M. Travis Eby, EBY (M.H. EBY INC.) (Blue Ball, Pennsylvania)
- Eric Jones, Onspot – VBG Group Truck Equipment (North Vernon, Indiana)
- Sean Moran, Stellar Industries Inc. (Garner, Iowa)
- Ben Winter, Transfer Flow Inc. (Chico, California)
- Ken Gilles, Element Fleet Management (Eden Prairie, Minnesota)
50-year member companies
During President’s Breakfast, NTEA recognized nine companies celebrating their 50th year of continuous Association membership.
- Amthor’s Welding Service Inc. (Gardiner, New York)
- Brown Industrial Inc. (Botkins, Ohio)
- Elliott Machine Works Inc. (Galion, Ohio)
- General Body Mfg. Co. of Texas (Houston, Texas)
- Hews Co. LLC (South Portland, Maine)
- Iroquois Mfg. Co. Inc. (Hinesburg, Vermont)
- Messer Truck Equipment (Westbrook, Maine)
- Terex Utilities (Watertown, South Dakota)
- Truck Equipment Sales Inc. (Mobile, Alabama)
Established in 1964, NTEA – The Association for the Work Truck Industry represents more than 2,050 companies that manufacture, distribute, install, sell and repair commercial trucks, truck bodies, truck equipment, trailers and accessories. Buyers of work trucks and the major commercial truck chassis manufacturers also belong to the Association. NTEA provides in-depth technical information, education, and member programs and services, and produces The Work Truck Show. The Association maintains its administrative headquarters in suburban Detroit and government relations offices in Washington, DC, and Ottawa, Ontario.